Sky City Auckland
If you’re in central Auckland, it’s almost impossible to miss the Sky Tower—at a height of 1,076 feet (328 meters), it’s the tallest building in New Zealand’s largest city. Head up the tower to catch the view from the observation deck, then play the night away at SKYCITY. With two hotels, more than 20 bars and restaurants, a theater, and a casino that has more than 2,100 gaming machines and 150 table games, SKYCITY offers plenty to entertain you and your party.
Some city sightseeing tours include admission to the Sky Tower. If you’re visiting the tower on your own, save time at the entrance by buying your ticket online in advance.
Recent reviews from experiences in Auckland
Things to Know Before You Go
Guests must be at least 20 years old to enter the gaming areas of the casino.
Groups of up to 10 people can book a Learn to Play package, a safe and more affordable way to learn casino games or improve your skills.
Reservations are recommended for the fine dining establishments.
How to Get There
Visible and easy to walk to from nearly everywhere in central Auckland, the Sky Tower is located on Victoria Street West in the Central Business District. Local and long-distance buses also stop near the Sky Tower.
When to Get There
The SKYCITY casino is open all day every day. Restaurants and bars open at different times; some offer discounted drinks during happy hour. Secure hotel reservations well in advance if you plan to visit Auckland during the warmer, busier months (November through April).
Parnell is another high-end dining and shopping area in Auckland that’s totally different from SKYCITY. Take a leisurely stroll through one of Auckland’s oldest and wealthiest neighborhoods, maybe popping in to an art gallery or two. Nearby you’ll find the Auckland Domain, a large park with lovely views of the city.
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Wanaka
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria
- Family Friendly
- The Lord of the Rings Tours
- 3 Days in Auckland: Suggested Itineraries
- Waitomo Caves Tours form Auckland
- Must-See Museums in Auckland
- Things to Do in Auckland with Kids
- Auckland Neighborhood Guide
- Don't-Miss Dishes in Auckland
- Where to Find the Best Views in Auckland
- First-Timer's Guide to Auckland
- Romantic Things to Do in Auckland