Don’t Miss These Must-Do Activities in Auckland
Auckland city offers a bit of everything: nature, views, culture, and wining and dining, but the city covers quite a bit of ground. Experiencing its best sights and attractions requires some advanced planning.
If you’re short on time in Auckland, a hop-on hop-off bus tour is a convenient way to get around. These stop at many of the city’s most popular attractions, including museums, galleries, and wildlife centers.
Seeking a day trip outside the central city? Check out West Auckland and the Waitakere Ranges, with the famous windswept beach at Piha. Or take a ferry over to Waiheke Island in the Hauraki Gulf, covered in vineyards, for the feel of rural New Zealand but with views of Auckland’s skyline across the sea.
See below for a few more of our recommendations for the City of Sails.
6 Tours and Activities
Afternoon Piha Beach and Rainforest Tour from Auckland
Auckland Explorer: Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Auckland Sky Tower General Admission Ticket
Half-day Discover Auckland City Sightseeing Tour
Piha and Karekare Rainforest Wine Tour from Auckland
Auckland Scenic Day Tour Full-Day- 8 HOURS
- Family Friendly
- The Lord of the Rings Tours
- 3 Days in Auckland: Suggested Itineraries
- Waitomo Caves Tours form Auckland
- Must-See Museums in Auckland
- Things to Do in Auckland with Kids
- Auckland Neighborhood Guide
- Don't-Miss Dishes in Auckland
- Where to Find the Best Views in Auckland
- First-Timer's Guide to Auckland
- Romantic Things to Do in Auckland
- Don’t Miss These Must-Do Activities in Auckland