Things to Do in Auckland This Summer
Summer (December to February) is Auckland’s high season, and there are plenty of ways to make the most of the sunshine. Whether you want to party at a summer festival, hit the beach, or escape to the surrounding islands, here are our top picks for what to do in Auckland this summer.
- Discover Auckland’s most popular attractions aboard an open-air hop-on hop-off bus, with a free ferry pass included.
- Spot landmarks such as Sky Tower and Waiheke Island on a helicopter flight over Auckland.
- Take a surf class at one of New Zealand’s top surf beaches, Piha Beach, known for its striking black sands and dramatic coastal cliffs.
- Admire the Auckland skyline from the water on a sightseeing cruise around Auckland Harbour.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with a bungee jump from the Auckland Harbour Bridge or a Skywalk or Skyjump experience from Sky Tower.
- Hop between city beaches on a waterfront bike tour.
- Sample New Zealand street food and experience the city by night on a tour of Auckland’s night markets.
- Avoid the high-season crowds with a special early access tour of the Hobbiton™ Movie Set from Auckland.
- Escape to Waiheke Island to enjoy outdoor activities such as ziplining, hiking, and wine tasting.