Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (LA Coliseum)
One of Los Angeles’ top sporting and live entertainment venues, The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has hosted major events such as the World Series, the Olympics, and the Superbowl since its founding nearly 100 years ago. Today, following a recent renovation, the stadium now offers updated amenities, enhanced seating, and a better visiting experience than ever.
A variety of Los Angeles tours stop at the LA Coliseum to admire its exterior, including small-group LA highlights tours and customizable, private excursions. Whistle-stop itineraries aimed at cruise-ship passengers or those staying at LAX hotels also tend to stop at the stadium, in addition to highlights such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Venice Beach. The best way to discover the LA Coliseum’s interior is to attend a game or concert.
Things to know before you go
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the stadium.
- The LA Coliseum is accessible to wheelchair users and those with limited mobility; service dogs are welcome.
- The stadium maintains a clear bag policy, and backpacks and large purses are prohibited; clear bags should be a maximum of 12” by 6” by 12” in dimension.
- Inside the stadium, concession stands sell everything from tacos and burgers to hot dogs and brisket sandwiches.
How to get there
LA Coliseum is located south of Downtown Los Angeles in Exposition Park, just off the I-110 and I-10. If using public transport, take the Metro Expo Line to Expo Park/USC or Expo/Vermont Stations, or take the Metro Silver Line to 37th Street/USC. Crowded lots and long wait times make driving to the stadium tricky, but rideshare services offer a more practical option.
When to get there
If attending a game or major event at the stadium, be sure to arrive a minimum of 30 minutes in advance of the start time in order to clear security. The Coliseum Box Office at Gate 29 is open Monday–Friday from midmorning until early evening.
What to Do in Exposition Park
Exposition Park packs a cultural punch. In addition to the LA Coliseum, the park is also home to the Banc of California Stadium, which hosts MLS games. Other highlights include the California African American Museum, the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, the Space Shuttle Endeavor, and the Exposition Park Rose Garden. Find more museums on the USC campus, just one block away.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- California Science Center
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (NHM)
- University of Southern California (USC)
- Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC)
- Crypto.com Arena
- LA Live
- Grammy Museum
- LA Fashion District
- Historic Core
- Los Angeles Broadway Theater District
- OUE Skyspace Los Angeles
- Angels Flight Railway
- Bradbury Building
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA Grand Avenue)
- Walt Disney® Concert Hall