Top Rotorua Food & Drink
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Likely To Sell Out
Thermal Spas & Hot Springs
White Water Rafting
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
9 results | All Rotorua Tours
Cultural Experience & Seasonal Māori Cuisine at Te Pā Tū
While in Rotorua, see a cultural performance and take part in a 3-course seasonal fusion feast at Te Pā Tū, featuring lesser-known delicacies. A local guide escorts you by coach to the “marae” (Māori village) for an immersive evening that begins with a welcome ceremony by New Zealand's Indigenous people. Learn about local customs based on the Māori lunar calendar and watch a powerful display of song and dance.
Mitai Maori Village Cultural Experience in Rotorua
Get an authentic introduction to Maori culture with an evening at the Mitai Maori Village of Rotorua. See warriors in traditional dress paddle in an ancient canoe, and be captivated by the displays of weaponry. You'll watch 'haka' and poi dances and view glowworms in their natural habitat. This 3-hour experience includes round-trip hotel transport and a traditional 'hangi' feast with your admission ticket.
Rotorua Rafting - Kaituna River White Water Rafting
Go on an adrenaline-filled rafting excursion down the Kaituna River during this 3-hour adventure tour from Rotorua. Here, white-water rapids flow past a subtropical rainforest lining a deep canyon. See stunning waterfalls, including rafting over Tutea Falls, and jump at the opportunity for exhilarating cliff diving. Tour operates winter and summer. Wetsuit, booties and helmet are provided. No experience necessary!
Secret Spot Hot Tub Soak
Take a break from a busy sightseeing schedule and relax in the tranquil natural environment of the Secret Spot Hot Tubs complex. Surrounded by the Whakarewarewa Forest are a collection of hand-crafted cedar hot tubs in which you can soak your aches and stress away. With pretty views overlooking the Puarenga Stream, each hot tub can accommodate up to six people, but this is a private package.
Mt Tarawera Volcanic Guided Hike Experience
Experience the majesty of Mt Tarawera and gain insight into New Zealand’s rich geology on this 4-hour hike from Rotorua. Travel by off-road 4x4 vehicle into the North Island wilderness with a guide. Follow winding hiking trails from the base of Mt Tarawera up to the crater’s edge, and learn all about the mighty volcano’s 1886 eruption. From your vantage point near the crater, admire panoramic views over the geothermal valley of Waimangu. This exciting hiking tour is suited to adventurers of all ages.
Mt. Tarawera Volcano Scenic Floatplane Tour from Rotorua
Soar above the otherworldly volcanic landscapes of Mt. Tarawera on seaplane flight from Rotorua. The expert pilot-guide navigates over the Steaming Cliffs and the Waimangu Volcanic Valley, then returns via the Blue and Green Lakes and the bubbling geysers of Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve. Experience the thrill of a water take-off and landing on Rotorua Lake, with a convenient hotel pickup and drop-off.
Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
This Kaituna River rafting adventure in the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve promises plenty of thrills! With an expert guide at the helm, you’ll paddle through Class 5 white-water rapids of the Kaituna River, including an awesome 21-foot (7-meter) drop down Tutea Falls, the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall. Accessible to adventurous beginners, this 3-hour tour includes a safety briefing with paddling instruction, all necessary equipment and round-trip hotel transport from Rotorua.
Nocturnal adventure Glow-worm tour
Even on the cloudiest night, the New Zealand glowworm lights up the darkness in a lucky few spots across the country. This short evening bush-walk departing from Rotorua involves a short drive, a walk through picturesque native bush and the chance to see these increasingly rare creatures. Tack this tour onto the end of a thrilling day in Rotorua instead of hiring a car for an almost two-hour drive west to visit the exceedingly popular Waitomo Caves. This is one of the easiest ways to experience Aotearoa’s unique glowworm habitats.
Rotorua Small Group Morning Tour Waimangu and Wai O Tapu
See the awe-inspiring Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland on a half-day tour, led by a knowledgeable guide. Follow a well-marked path alongside bubbling hot springs and volcanic craters at Rotorua’s most comprehensive geothermal site. Hear a morning presentation about the Lady Knox Geyser and observe the daily eruption before a short drive through the Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Numbers are limited to 12 people, providing a more personalized experience with a small group.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Food & Drink in Rotorua?
The best Food & Drink in Rotorua according to Viator travelers are:
What Food & Drink in Rotorua are taking additional safety precautions?
These Rotorua experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Food & Drink in Rotorua are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Rotorua may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Sulphur Point Tours & Tickets
- Velocity Valley Tours & Tickets
- Mt. Tarawera Tours & Tickets
- Government Gardens Rotorua Tours & Tickets
- Lake Okareka Tours & Tickets
- Hell's Gate Geothermal Park Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) Tours & Tickets
- Te Puia Tours & Tickets
- Maori Arts and Crafts Institute (Te Puia) Tours & Tickets
- Rotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa) Tours & Tickets
- Agrodome Tours & Tickets
- Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park Tours & Tickets
- Rangitaiki River Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotorua Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotoiti Tours & Tickets
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park Tours & Tickets
- Buried Village of Te Wairoa Tours & Tickets
- Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) Tours & Tickets
- Blue Baths Tours & Tickets
- Polynesian Spa Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in Queenstown
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Wanaka
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets