Top Rotorua Sporting Events
Private and Luxury
Fun & Games
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Ports of Call Tours
When are you traveling?
Time of Day
11 results | All Rotorua Tours
4WD Bush Safari at Off Road NZ
Get out of your comfort zone on this challenging Bush Safari from Rotorua. This self-drive experience by 4-passenger 4WD vehicle takes you over steep climbs and descents, with guided instruction via two-way radio as you navigate waterfalls, lunges and tunnels. Upgrade to include a 4x4 Monster Thrill Ride or Raceline Karting, or do all three. Safety briefing and equipment are provided.
Kahukiwi Experiences Luxury 4WD 3hour Guided Maori Tour
Learn about vibrant Māori culture on this half day experience in Mourea, Ngāti Pikiao. Discover the heart of Aotearoa, admire stunning views and travel in a luxury 4WD on this guided tour. Start at the Rotorua Museum to gain historic context on the region. Travel to a local whenua. Learn the stories of whānau and immerse yourself in the spiritual essence of this land, home to Māori for generations.
Off-Road 4WD Buggy Adventure from Rotorua
Ride along dirt tracks and trails on a 30-minute or 1-hour 4WD adventure in Rotorua, and experience New Zealand off-roading. You’ll explore rolling farmland and scenic native forests with an professional guide who will drive you to a viewpoint overlooking Lake Rotorua and Mokoia Island. This small-group 4WD tour is limited to five participants per buggy.
Monster 4X4 Thrill Ride at Off Road NZ
Experience the Rotorua Monster 4x4 Thrill Ride, an adventure inside an all-terrain vehicle, purpose-built with a roll cage. With an expert driver at the wheel, you’ll climb and descend nearly vertical slopes and tilt over to an angle guaranteed to get your heart racing. Upgrade to include a 4WD Bush Safari or Raceline Karting, or do all three. Safety briefing and gear are provided.
Triple Pass Combo
Get away from the tourist crowds and explore the Bay of Plenty in a variety of ways with this combo ticket. Drive a four-wheel-drive buggy through dense native bush, ride a horse through the sprawling countryside, and shoot a few clay pigeons – all in an action-packed morning or afternoon. Ride down centuries-old forestry trails to isolated, hard-to-access locations with spectacular views of Lake Rotorua, Mokoia Island and the rest of the region.
The Adrenaline Overdose at Off Road NZ
Get a true adrenaline rush with this Rotorua karting and monster 4x4 experience. Based at New Zealand’s newest and longest kart sport circuit, take the wheel of a go-kart and race around the track, reaching speeds of nearly 100km per hour. Next, jump in a monster 4x4 as your professional driver takes you on an exhilarating journey through native forest.
Freak of Nature at Off Road NZ
Enjoy the thrill of driving a 4-wheel drive through rugged New Zealand terrain with this experience. With a professional guide at your side, take the wheel and head though unique and challenging forest routes. Following this, get an adrenaline rush from riding in a massive monster 4x4, this time with your guide in the drivers’ seat.
Hike New Zealand's finest forest - Whirinaki forest
Explore one of New Zealand’s finest forest trails on this 7-hour hiking tour in the Whirinaki Forest from Rotorua. Travel from your accommodation in Rotorua into the Whirinaki Forest, widely considered among the world’s greatest rainforests. Follow your guide along hiking trails beneath the leafy canopy and marvel at mighty native trees such as ‘kahikatea’, ‘matai’, ‘miro’, ‘rimu’ and ‘totara’. Along the way, discover rich flora and fauna for which the forest is famous, and hear birdsong from the many different species of birds flying among the branches above.
4x4 Self Drive Yamaha Experience
Take a private two-seater buggy to one of the highest lookouts in the Rotorua region on this short forest adventure. Instead of hiking up the hills and working up a sweat, enjoy a wild ride to the top behind the wheel of a four-wheel-drive buggy. Your certified guide will drive you half the way there, but you can drive the rest of the way, navigating rugged, hundred-year-old forestry tracks cut into the dense Bay of Plenty forest.
Drivers Obsession at Off Road NZ
Enjoy an adrenaline rush from this 4-wheel drive adventure and kart racing experience in Rotorua. First drive a Suzuki 4WD through native New Zealand forest, with a guide at your side to help you navigate. Then enjoy racing around New Zealand’s longest karting track in a kart that can reach speeds close to 100km per hour.
Mt Tarawera Fly-Drive Volcanic Experience
As well as the incredible views you’ll enjoy from the air on this scenic helicopter flight, you’ll also be treated to views of Lakes Okareka, Tarawera, and Rotomahana, and even White Island and Mt. Ruapehu on clear days. But this experience doesn’t stop with faraway views. After landing on Mt. Tarawera, you’ll be taken on a guided crater walk. Enjoy more panoramic views from the rim of the crater.
What people are saying about Sporting Events in Rotorua
4WD Bush Safari at Off Road NZ"Great experience enjoyed soooo much going back to do the other experiences for my birthday in June totally recommend"..."
Kahukiwi Experiences Luxury 4WD 3hour Guided Maori Tour"A unique way to learn about rotarua. it's true to the heritage of the Maori culture I would do this tour again and highly recommend it."..."
Monster 4X4 Thrill Ride at Off Road NZ"So much fun! Would have loved for it to be a little longer, but it is what it is, we all had an amazing time. Driver was a laugh too."..."
Hike New Zealand's finest forest - Whirinaki forest"We had a great experience with Tom and Sam, they are very experienced and full knowledge of the wild life. Highly recommend to others."..."
Mt Tarawera Fly-Drive Volcanic Experience"My grand daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the trip. Apart from the amazing helicopter views and the colours of Mt Tarawera, our really informative guides were a highlight of the day. The walk on the mount was harder than expected and I think the challenges of it should be pointed out in the advertising. It certainly requires a reasonable level of fitness."..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Sporting Events in Rotorua?
The best Sporting Events in Rotorua according to Viator travelers are:
What Sporting Events in Rotorua are 1 hour or less?
Sporting Events in Rotorua that are 1 hour or less are:
What Sporting Events in Rotorua are taking additional safety precautions?
These Rotorua experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Sporting Events in Rotorua are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Rotorua may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Polynesian Spa Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotorua Tours & Tickets
- Buried Village of Te Wairoa Tours & Tickets
- Maori Arts and Crafts Institute (Te Puia) Tours & Tickets
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park Tours & Tickets
- Agrodome Tours & Tickets
- Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park Tours & Tickets
- Te Puia Tours & Tickets
- Blue Baths Tours & Tickets
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley Tours & Tickets
- Redwoods Forest Whakarewarewa Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotoiti Tours & Tickets
- Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) Tours & Tickets
- Rangitaiki River Tours & Tickets
- Rotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa) Tours & Tickets
- Velocity Valley Tours & Tickets
- Lake Okareka Tours & Tickets
- Government Gardens Rotorua Tours & Tickets
- Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) Tours & Tickets
- Hell's Gate Geothermal Park Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Tauranga
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in Queenstown
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Wanaka
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Ellis Island
- Great Barrier Reef
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets