Top Tauranga Likely To Sell Out
Ports of Call Tours
Cruises & Sailing
On the Water
Swim with Dolphins
When are you traveling?
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Swim with Dolphins
On the Water
Cruises & Sailing
Ports of Call Tours
How to Get Around
Tours by Duration
Time of Day
8 results | All Tauranga Tours
4hr Shore Excursion - History and Tasting Tour FREE Kiwifruit Tasting
Make the most of your time at shore and explore the beautiful Tauranga Harbour during this half-day tour. Visit beautiful beaches, orchards, historical landmarks and more as you listen to engaging commentary from your guide about the history and culture of the region. You even get to sample local produce such as Manuka honey, kiwifruit, and avocado.
Swim With Wild Dolphins in Tauranga
Get up close to wild dolphins in their natural habitat during a 5-hour dolphin cruise from Tauranga. You can watch from the boat or interact with these playful marine mammals as you swim and snorkel alongside them in the water. Hear informative live commentary and enjoy hot drinks and muffins on board. Tour operates during summer months from November to May.
4hr Tauranga Scenic History and Tasting Tour FREE Kiwifruit Tasting
Discover the history, scenery and delicious food produce of Tauranga on this guided tour. Take in stunning views of the area’s natural beauty, from Mount Maunganui to the sandy beaches. Visit important historical sites and discover the area’s rich local industries including kiwifruit and avocado produce. Taste delicious, locally grown fruit and meet the people behind these world-renowned industries.
Scenic Lake McLaren Kayak Tour
Get up close to New Zealand’s natural beauty on this scenic 3.5-hour Lake McLaren kayak tour. Paddle out onto the calm waters of Lake McLaren with your guide. Discover wildlife native to the region and gain insight into the habitat it calls home. Gaze up at sheer cliff faces towering overhead and enjoy panoramic views over the dense, sun-dappled woodland. Paddle along the tranquil lakeshore and through Mangapapa Canyon, where the water is as deep as the cliffs are high and the dense shrub forms caves along the water’s edge.
6hr Rotorua Geothermal Wonderland Tour - Departs Tauranga
This day experience takes visitors to the famous geothermal sites of New Zealand, departing from Mount Maunganui and travelling to Rotorua, before returning to the former when the tour is over. Pass by Tauranga and the Harbour Bridge before stopping at the Pohutu Geyser and Okere Falls in Rotorua.
15,000ft Tandem Skydive in Bay of Plenty
See the summery Bay of Plenty from a different perspective – as you’re freefalling from 10,000 feet in the air! It doesn’t matter if you’re a first-time skydiver: on this tandem skydive, learn as you go as you fall with your instructor, who takes the lead and offers personalized guidance when you want to take over. Enjoy bird’s-eye views of local landmarks, from Maunganui and White Island close by to the Rotorua Lakes, Mount Ruapehu and, if the visibility’s good, even Mount Taranaki.
7hr Waimangu Geothermal Valley & Lake Rotomahana Tour - Departs Tauranga
Leaving Tauranga you head south through rolling farmland and forestry, past Lake Rotorua and on to the magical Waimangu Valley where your guide will take you through the world’s youngest geothermal valley. Starting at the head of the valley you will wind your way down, passing a range of geothermal activity, hot springs, volcanic craters, nature and wildlife. Some highlights to look out for include the world's largest hot spring, and the brilliant blue Inferno Crater. The trails ultimately lead you down to the lake, where you’ll enjoy a relaxing 45 minute cruise around the tranquil waters of Lake Rotomahana. Throughout the cruise, you'll encounter stunning geothermal activity only accessible by boat, as well as rare native birdlife, and stunning views across the lake at the imposing Mount Tarawera. You can also listen to the onboard commentary of the historic stories of the lake, and hear about the 1886 Mount Tarawera eruption that covered and destroyed the pink and white terraces.
Full Day Waitomo Glow Worm Cave and Kiwi House Tour
Spend an afternoon under the stars experiencing one of New Zealand's best natural attractions. Explore a stunning 30 million year old cave system with breathtaking formations and finishing with a boat ride through the glow-worm grotto.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Likely To Sell Out in Tauranga?
The best Likely To Sell Out in Tauranga according to Viator travelers are:
What Likely To Sell Out in Tauranga are taking additional safety precautions?
These Tauranga experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- 4hr Shore Excursion - History and Tasting Tour FREE Kiwifruit Tasting
- 4hr Tauranga Scenic History and Tasting Tour FREE Kiwifruit Tasting
- 6hr Rotorua Geothermal Wonderland Tour - Departs Tauranga
- 7hr Waimangu Geothermal Valley & Lake Rotomahana Tour - Departs Tauranga
- Full Day Waitomo Glow Worm Cave and Kiwi House Tour
What Likely To Sell Out in Tauranga are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Tauranga may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Rotorua
- Things to do in Waiheke Island
- Things to do in Auckland
- Things to do in Tongariro National Park
- Things to do in Hastings
- Things to do in Wellington
- Things to do in Picton
- Things to do in Akaroa
- Things to do in Wanaka
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Victoria
- Eiffel Tower
- Hoover Dam
- Statue of Liberty
- Sagrada Familia
- Burj Khalifa
- Road to Hana (Hana Highway)
- Roman Forum (Foro Romano)
- St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco)
- Molokini Crater
- Uffizi Galleries (Gallerie degli Uffizi)
- Na Pali Coast
- Blue Lagoon
- Tower of London
- Milan Duomo
- Great Barrier Reef
- Ellis Island
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets